Bus plugs are electrical instruments used to allocate power throughout large electrical areas. Flat copper conductor plates are enclosed in a metal casing, which creates a compact design. Bus plugs are typically beneficial in areas where cables cannot be wired in large industrial factories. The plugs are connected to busways or bus bars to provide electrical power when needed.
Since bus plugs have a wide variety of uses and advantages, they are considered more effective than electrical cables. Given that they have no physical electrical wires within the building, the entire system can easily be disconnected and rearranged to fit almost any floor plan.
Bus plugs are used for a variety of reasons, most notably:
- Streamlined Current Distribution: Cabling is usually chaotic throughout most industrial plants. With various manufacturing aspects requiring electricity, distributing power can be a challenge. However, with bus plugs, electricity can be installed almost anywhere…and they are easy to move.
- Safety and Security: Bus plugs are guaranteed to be safer than cable systems due to their metallic casing, which reduces wire damage and electrocution.
- Easy Installation: Typically low in complexity, bus plugs do not require holes, cable cutouts, or any other special equipment. Ceilings or walls do not require support for heavy cables, and the installation time is relatively quick.
- Energy Savings: Bus plugs are compact, which means the copper conductors are placed next to each other. Energy is conserved due to the reduction in induction resistance.
- Flexibility and Maneuverability: More flexible than a typical cable system, bus plugs are light, easy to carry, and do not need ceiling or wall support. They can also be transferred to a new location effortlessly.
- Compact, Concealed Design: Bus plugs appear much more organized than a traditional cable system since everything is concealed inside the casing. There are no more twisted, dusty, entangled bundles of cables running throughout your building.
Electrical components should only be purchased from a reputable company. At J&P Electrical, bus plugs are our business. Contact us today to learn more about our products and pricing.
J&P Electrical is a full-service electrical supply company. At J&P, we source contractors, end-users, and supply houses with new surplus, quality reconditioned, and obsolete electrical equipment. We also purchase a wide range of heavy industrial electrical equipment such as bus plugs, bus duct, transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, and switchboards. Call us at 877-844-5514 or visit us at https://www.jpelectricalcompany.com.
Written by the digital marketing staff at Creative Programs & Systems: www.cpsmi.com